Monday, July 17, 2006

Hot town, summer in the city

We went off to D.C. this weekend, and while we were away, apparently, New Jersey moved to the Sonoran Desert. I can't recall ever seeing the weather forecast a high of 101 degrees, which is what they called for today. It was already in the mid-80s at 8 a.m., another first as I can recall.

I've been trying to not let the heat bother me, not let it keep me from going out when I want to or affecting me too much when I have to go to work in the late afternoon. But today, after an hour and a half at a minor-league ballgame, I couldn't do it anymore. It was a gorgeous drive up the Hudson Valley, but even more lovely on the way home as the air conditioner cooled me down.

The perfect end to today would be to fall over horizontally on this couch and catch up on what's saved on the DVR, but I've got to work. At least it's cold there.

No comments: