Friday, September 28, 2007

Make it stop

Friday is all about the music.

Today, that is, considering the time.

I usually relish September. College football begins. Baseball's regular season comes to its thrilling conclusion. Summer humidity turns to Indian summer warmth and the approaching autumn.

Usually.

This September, Notre Dame has been stagnant -- if that. The Mets have been plummeting. The last two days were in the mid-to-upper 80s and we actually had to use our air conditioner last night. Air conditioning! On September 27!

So today, forget baseball. I'll dawdle at work until 4 a.m. or so, then head up to Rockefeller Center to stake my spot for Today's Friday concert series, featuring Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. The schedule worked out nicely -- working Thursday night, off Friday. I'm already in the city with only a few hours to go and no commitments for the rest of the day. Might as well take in the free show, then head home to sleep it off.

The music will be the focus today. And perhaps some catching up with all the TV premieres I've missed this week, once I've slept some. Friday night? Maybe a little West Virginia-South Florida, but no Mets-Marlins, no Phillies-Nationals. I need a break. Maybe, if I don't watch, things will turn back to good. The storm system that moved across Pennsylvania this afternoon and evening was supposed to cool things off around here. Maybe that will bring about the feeling of fall.

Maybe.

No comments: