Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Like the nameplate isn't enough

I have several pet peeves when it comes to cars, and I won't elaborate on them all now, but my rock-solid top five breaks down to: use of hand-held cell phones, not using turn signals, not knowing how to drive/park your gas-guzzling SUV, litering (particularly cigarette butts) and not letting me merge.

On the B list are things like buying ugly cars (I'm looking at you, Aztek), tricking out Honda Civics and stupid vanity license plates. I saw one of the latter the other day while waiting for the bus. I tend to see at least two of my top five everyday while waiting for the bus. Anyway, a balding man pulls up to the traffic light in his Midlife Mobile, a Porsche convertible, with the following license plate: PORSSHA. New York, of course.

Dude, really? Like we can't tell what you're driving without looking at it? Of course, he goes the pompus extra mile by giving us all a lesson in phonics. Whatever, dude.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, that NYS Porssha plate is actually mine, but I'm not middle aged, and I'm not bald. You sure you got the plate read right? BTW, Porsche is spelled with a "C" in it. :)