Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Fast-forward on the calendar

Where do the days go? How has it been 15 days since my past post? How did I not think it worthy to share some thoughts on the radical change at work, the Mike Doughty show at Joe's Pub, our plans for Thanksgiving, the look back at Thanksgiving, Black Friday in the City, Christmas decorations and house progress? How do the weeks pass so quickly with the basement remaining so unfinished? How did we think we could tile that floor ourselves? How are we going to pay for having someone do it for us? (Actually, that one's easy: continue to not buy things with credit cards, which I've done a pretty good job of the past few weeks.)

Here's how Thanksgiving ended for me. Well, not ended, but at some point between dinner and dessert, I let myself relax a bit while I monitored the site for work. I may try to put in for more of the actual holidays in the future. I think there tends to be a greater chance that less will happen on those days, making for a relatively easy day "on call" than on other days during the holiday breaks.

Ambitious plans for tomorrow. Hopefully I can get my ass out of bed early enough to accomplish them all. No details yet, because then it will look worse if I don't get out of the house.

No comments: