Thursday, May 01, 2008

My drivers' luck

Am I bad luck for the drivers? Tonight's -- Car 137 -- told me how last time he took me home (March 25), he stopped for coffee at the Dunkin' Donuts down the street from the house. Just before pulling out of his parking space, a woman crashed into him. When police arrived, she said he had backed up, and her insurance refuses to pay for the repairs.

I've also been in a car hit head-on by a drunk driver, one rear-ended by an 18-wheeler (a tap that was brushed off), and in at least two stopped by cops (one got a speeding ticket, the other was questioned because another driver called to report him when he alternated between driving too slow, too fast and weaving between lanes -- including a stop at a light at which he straddled the lanes).

No comments: