Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Boarded up on Willow

That little restaurant on the corner of Willow & 19th St. in Weehawken has finally closed. I passed it each night on the ride home to Edgewater and I'd wonder how it stayed open in such an undesirable location. I felt sorry for it, which of course was a feeling of sadness for its owners. I never drove by during dinner hours, though, so maybe I just missed the magical rush each night. Maybe it was a thriving little eatery, though I couldn't tell you what the cuisine was -- other than that it was exotic and, therefore, probably not of interest to me. But its neighbor is boarded up as well, so maybe the forces that closed the little restaurant and its kitchen design neighbor weren't those of the straightforward supply/demand/consumer interest ilk, but rather a landlord who chose to sell and a new owner bringing grander plans to his corner property on the northern end of Willow Ave. near the Lincoln Tunnel entrance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was a Thai place - I used to wonder about its survival chances every day too, but even my love of Thai food couldn't get me to eat there. The kitchen design store had already changed hands once by the time we moved....