Thursday, January 07, 2010

Josh Charles squared

I always thought that Sports Night was an underrated and too short-lived sitcom. Plus, it foreshadowed my co-anchor-for-life with the Dan and Casey pairing. I hadn't thought about it in a while until reading that there are two Josh Charles ... -es. I hadn't heard about the musician one before.

Anyway, that story brought me back to several years ago when I saw the Sports Night Josh Charles at a New York restaurant. It was one of my first celebrity sightings, and probably my first celebrity encounter, because I don't usually go out of my way to interact with them. But I felt strongly about my love for the show, so I wanted to thank him. He and a friend had been seated at a table next to us, so as we got up to leave the Corner Shop Cafe (same name and location, but previous owners; in fact, I think we were there during the soft opening), I excused myself (he wasn't eating yet) and told him that I really enjoyed Sports Night, thanked him for it and wished him luck. He might've been in a play at the time, but I don't remember. He smiled and thanked me and that was that.

No comments: